Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The new stuff has arrived

I have recently renewed my interest in the Games Workshop Citadel Miniatures hobby. Not the boring table top wargaming side of the hobby but the building and painting of the miniatures. I recently purchased a collection of Savage Orcs and an Arachnarok Spider which I very much like the look of.

I also went through my collection of old paints from many years ago, when I was very involved in the hobby. Unfortunately, years of remaining stagnant had resulted in the paints doing what they do and drying up to a rather concrete like consistency and becoming more like paperweights than paint pots. So the other day I took the plunge and spent a good portion of hard earned to mail order a collection of new paints. They really arent cheap. $6 for a small pot. I bought about 30 different colours and shades and a few inks.

They finally arrived yesterday morning. So now I am set. While waiting for them to arrive I spent many hours assembling the spider and the savage orcs in preparation for paint. Tomorrow, I plan to start the painting process. Its been about 10 years since I did any serious painting so it may be a very long process to get back to any semblance of good...

But Im keen for the challenge. I am feeling very motivated to get into this so I will post some photos once I get some base colours down and show you how I am progressing.

So wish me luck. should be fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment